Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LOGO: i sing my heart out



This is my for serious black and white (oops splash of red) logo and color logo. I NEED some feedback please.

Questions:
Is the image of the mic too busy? Are the lines too much?
How is the font? I went with Helvetica Neu, being so clean, to balance out the messiness of the image. Does it work?
Do you read heart as HEART... with replacing the a?
I like the randomness but slightly structured feel of the type placement.... and what about the "for Joanna "at the bottom?
Color logo: hows the blue?

Please I am looking for serious constructive criticism... I am trying to really finish this logo so I can move on to the website!

Thanks!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Melanie, At first glance I like the composition, the placement of type. At a closer look I think that there is still a disconnection between the mic and the type. The type should maybe follow along the contour of the mic. "heart"should go in as opposed to out. The heart in "heart" looked off to me. Look at I <3 Huckabees. Maybe "I" can be capitalized. I think the mic should have a cleaner edge it looks too clipart.
    "For Joanna" looks like it need a typeface. As far as color, the the blue and black look too 90's. Pick a a neutral http://bit.ly/9ThPRT (just the mic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would at least try one with the type following the curve of the mic. But I like the randomness of it, too. I think the heart poking out to the right adds just the right emphasis to a sorta long phrase. The lines in the mic, in my opinion, just go with grey lines. Prolly get rid of the white ones altogether. It seems neon-y, like Pattie said. I do like the overall composition, I'm just being critical 'cause you specifically asked for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the feedback truly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete