Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my process

Stan wanted me to post about the process of my stamp and really just incase anyone was interested it trying it sometime :)
I got all of my supplies at Sam Flax, dont know if that was the cheapest but it wasthe 4th store that I went to and I was just ready to get it and get started.
I used glossy photopaper to print out my logo on and pressed it up against the rubber block and I pressed and rubbed it for a good minute or 2 and got a decent outline to work with.
I used a Lino Cutter and the stamp is called a speedy cut block. It is rubber and is VERY easy to cut through, which seems like its the best but can also backfire... 
The first stamp I started to carve (2nd from the top) I took a chuck out of the p and e so I scrapped it and started over. Although I did get very discouraged, when I actually stamped the "mess up" I really liked what I saw, so I pressed on. The second time around I was completely finished with cutting out the outline and my hand slipped and I took a chuck outta the c... 

If I have ANY advice for someone doing this.. be patient, take your time! I promise the results will pay off but if you rush you'll make mistakes you cannot fix.

Anywho all in all I am really happy that I went through with it because its nice to incorporate something in your design that is hand rendered! :)




2 comments: