Sunday, March 29, 2009

Looking for input.



I am working on the collaborative project for paiges class.. we had to pick something from the past and she gave us the 3 colors I used and we could also use shades of these colors. I chose video killed the radio star :) This is what I have so far and would really appreciate feed back. If you are wondering about the image, I did a sketch from the actual music video :)

Id really like some opinions about the background.. I feel kinda lost and Im looking for ideas.

2 comments:

  1. this is super cool. hm, personally, I'm liking the top one a better just because the letters are more readable against the solid brown bg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a couple of ideas, though i don't know if they'd help or not. but firstly, i do like the top better simply because the stars in the background (The way they are now) doesn't do much for me. that being said..


    what if you made the text larger, decreased the leading, and had all of the left, top, and bottom edges slightly bleeding off the page? also, i almost lose the MTV logo because it's such a bright green against a dark and light background. maybe you can bring the dude a little further left (or something) to make the MTV logo be against a solid background (like the white of the shirt) instead of both colors.

    whatever you end up doing though, i do feel like the text as it is feels placed and not much time was spent with it. knowing you and how well you work with type, i don't feel like it's up to par quite yet.

    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete